While you’re trying to cover your dark circles with tons of makeups and concealers, you’re doing more damage. Instead, you can try some essential oils for dark circles as a natural remedy.
Dark circles usually refer to a purple or dark pigmented region under the eyes. 
Also known as Periorbital Hyperpigmentation, It may happen because of aging, lack of proper sleep, some medications, dehydration, stress, and unhealthy lifestyle.  The darkness is particularly visible due to the veins’ closeness to the skin surface.
Essential oils are rich in numerous benefits that help reduce dark circles under eyes. These oils can also be a cost-effective alternative to your expensive under eye creams.
Essential Oils for Dark Circles
Here are some safe essential oils for dark circles under eyes that you may use:
1. Chamomile Oil
Chamomile essential oil originates from the chamomile flower. This essential oil is quite popular for reducing dark circles under eyes. 
Chamomile oil is rich in antidepressant and antibiotic properties. Thus, it can soothe the skin and treat various skin problems.
Due to its anti-inflammatory components, chamomile oil can also reduce dark circles and the inflammation it may cause.
How to use chamomile oil for dark circles:
- Mix 5 drops chamomile oil with one tablespoon of almond oil.
- Apply the mixture on the areas around your eyes using a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before wiping it off.
2. Palmarosa Oil
Palmarosa oil is derived from a tropical grass native to India. It’s a popular choice for skin care due to skin moisturizing properties.
The oil is rich in antiseptic and antibacterial components. Hence, it’s great in treating skin problems including dark circles. 
The rejuvenating and hydrating effects of palmarosa oil can keep your skin healthy.
This oil is a good stress reliever and can help you get proper sleep. It means, there will be less chance to get a dark circle under eyes.
Here’s how you may use palmarosa oil for dark circles:
- Mix 1 drop of palmarosa oil with any suitable carrier oil.
- Gently apply it on the dark circle and leave it overnight.
3. Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil originates from the resin of the Boswellia tree. This oil can fade out the darkness of the skin.
Frankincense oil can improve the blood flow in your skin, making it youthful and healthy. 
A dark circle may form due to some mental issues such as stress and anger. Frankincense oil can reduce anger, depression, and anxiety. It can induce feelings of relaxation and mental peace by ensuring proper sleep. 
Learn how to use frankincense oil for dark circles:
- Mix 1 ml of frankincense oil with 15 ml of any suitable carrier oil.
- Apple the mixture carefully below the eyes. Keep your eyes closed while applying.
4. Rose Geranium Oil
Rose geranium oil originates from the leaves and stem of the rose geranium plant. The oil is quite popular for treating nerve pain, depression, diarrhea, as well as dry and aging skin. 
It’s a natural astringent that can tighten skin. Due to its anti-aging properties, rose geranium oil can also reduce dark circles, as well as puffiness.
A simple way to use rose geranium oil for dark circles:
- Take around 1/2 tsp of aloe vera gel and add two drops of rose geranium oil in it. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture gently under the eye area.
- Repeat this procedure daily before you go to sleep.
5. Fennel Oil
Fennel oil is rich in antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties.  Therefore, it may be useful for treating skin issues.
If you develop wrinkles and pigmentation due to aging, fennel oil may reduce the symptoms. It can also reduce puffiness while treating dark circles.
Try this simple recipe for using fennel oil for dark circles:
- Dilute one drop of fennel oil with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Gently apply this oil mix to the affected area below the eyes.
6. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is quite famous when it comes to treating any skin issues. The oil is rich in so many therapeutic properties that are highly suitable for skin.
Lavender oil is rich in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties. It can soothe the irritation of the skin, reduce dark circles and aging signs from the skin. 
Learn how you can use lavender essential oil for dark circles:
- Mix 1 drop of lavender essential oil with 1/4 of coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture under your eyes before you go to sleep.
7. Cypress Oil
Cypress oil originates from the cypress plant. The oil can treat several skin diseases, as well as pigmentation under eyes. 
Cypress oil works effectively in reducing dark circles under eyes. Excess fluids under eyes cause puffiness. This essential oil helps to remove the excess fluid.
How to use cypress essential oil for dark circles:
- Take one drop of cypress oil and mix it with 1/2 tsp of shea butter.
- Apply the mix carefully on your dark circles before you go to bed.
8. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil comes from the leaves of rosemary herb.
This oil is quite beneficial for reducing puffiness and dark circles under eyes.
The oil is rich in anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. It may help remove the excess water that causes puffiness. 
Here’s how you may use rosemary essential oil for dark circles:
- Take a used green tea bag and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Add one drop of rosemary oil to that cotton ball.
- Dab the cotton ball under your eyes.
Safety Tips to Use Essential Oils for Dark Circles
No matter how safe an essential oil is, you must always be careful while you’re using them under your eyes.
Follow these safety measures before you use any essential oils:
- Always read the labels in the bottle before using the essential oil.
- Do not put essential oils into your eyes.
- Conduct a patch test on a small and less sensitive part of your skin before applying these oils to your dark circles.
- Use essential oils only underneath your eyes, not around them.
Having dark circles under eyes is quite unappealing. It can hamper your image and confidence to go out without makeup.
Besides, dark circles may also indicate that your health is in serious trouble. Lack of sleep, dehydration, and some medications can trigger this problem.
Take proper rest and stay cheerful. Follow a healthy diet that contains a lot of fruits and vegetables. Drink a lot of water.
You can also make use of these essential oils to get rid of dark circles. But if they occur due to some health issues, you need to see a doctor immediately.