Using apple cider vinegar can ensure proper health to both your hair and scalp.
If you want to maintain a healthy hair care routine, you need to choose your hair care products very carefully.
Scientific experiments confirm of potent therapeutic effects of ACV against different medical conditions. Hair experts claim apple cider vinegar to be effective for various hair problems.
This article reviews the beneficial effects and uses of ACV for hair with some tips and precautions.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Your Hair
1. ACV Can Maintain a Healthy pH Level
A healthy pH level is very important for your skin .
But the chemically enhanced shampoos and conditioners that you use disrupt the pH balance.
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful remedy in this case.
It has a pH level of its own which is close to the one of your scalp.
Rinsing your hair with this vinegar will maintain the pH level which will eventually promote healthy hair.
2. It Can Balance Sebum Production
Your scalp produces natural oil known as Sebum .
A balanced Sebum production is essential for a good scalp.
Scalp often produces Sebum in excess which is bad for the cuticles of your hair.
Use of apple cider vinegar balances the Sebum production and maintains a healthy scalp along with good hair.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar May Treat Itchy Scalp
Due to different pollutants and scalp infections, you may feel itchiness on your scalp. Too much of this problem can cause great discomfort.
Use apple cider vinegar to treat your itchy scalp and get relief.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Reduce Dandruff
Dandruff is a problem for many of us.
It is often accompanied by other skin infections, inflammation and causes uneasiness. Using apple cider vinegar can help in reducing dandruff and its symptoms such as flaky hair, itchiness, hair loss, etc.
It can give your scalp protection from the infection.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Treat Your Flaky Scalp
A dry scalp easily becomes rough and promotes flakiness.
A flaky scalp is definitely unwanted. 
If you want to get rid of your flaky scalp, use apple cider vinegar.
This vinegar protects your skin from getting too dried up and thus reduces the effect.
6. ACV May Treat Inflammation of Scalp
An inflammatory scalp causes utmost discomfort .
Usually, inflammation of scalp is a result of skin infections or skin disease. Dandruff and flaky scalp can cause inflammation as well.
The acetic contents of apple cider vinegar treat your inflammatory skin and smoothen it out.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Prevent Split Ends
Split ends and hair breakage are very common. 
These are the results of weak and unhealthy hair. Split ends hamper your hair’s natural growth, and your hair starts losing its beauty. To avoid these problems, use apple cider vinegar for your hair.
The use of it will make your hair cuticles stronger and prevent them from damage. The hydrating agent of this vinegar reduces dullness and roughness of your hair which reduces split ends and breakage.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar May Reduce frizz and Unmanageability
Unmanageable and messy hair is like a nightmare to all.
It’s even harder to create a perfect hairstyle out of frizzy hair. But no worries, apple cider vinegar can help you in getting rid of this problem.
The use of this vinegar reduces frizz and makes your hair more manageable which allows it for any hairstyle of your choice.
9. It Can Prevent Hair Loss
Apple cider vinegar helps you in preventing hair loss and also promotes hair regrowth.
If you are suffering from hair loss, you can try using apple cider vinegar. 
The use of this vinegar will cleanse your hair follicles which will help new hair to grow.
Also, it replenishes the pH to your hair cuticles making them stronger to prevent hair loss further. 
10. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Unclog Pores
Clogged pores are a serious issue when it comes to facing hair problems.
If the pores or follicles of your hair get clogged, it leads to hair loss, rough and unhealthy hair and even serious scalp infections.
Clogged follicles become an abode for bacteria which harms your scalp resulting in unhealthy hair.
Apple cider vinegar can help you in unclogging the follicles on your scalp and promoting healthy hair. 
11. It May Provide Protection from Fungus and Bacteria
Fungus and bacteria are the main causes of hair loss, dandruff and other skin infections.
Apple cider vinegar is enriched with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
The use of this vinegar fights with all the fungus and bacteria and protects you from infections and any other scalp problems.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment
Psoriasis is a skin disease that can get severe at times.
It often makes your skin look severely tanned and also causes irritation and inflammation to the skin. Your scalp can also suffer from psoriasis which leads to many other hair problems. 
Use of apple cider vinegar can treat psoriasis. It fights with the symptoms of this disease which involve itching, inflammation, scarring and thus ensures you relief from it.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar May Promote Thicker Hair
Apple cider vinegar promotes thickness of your hair.
It protects your hair from damage and strengthens your hair locks which make your hair stronger and thicker.
Therefore, use apple cider vinegar to have a fuller head of hair in plenty.
14. It Helps in Getting Rid of Product Build-ups
All the shampoos and conditioners that you use create a layer of elements in your scalp and hair.
This creates hindrance to your hair’s natural growth and also cause damage to the scalp.
Just a few splashes of water are often unable to clear these elements off your head.
Apple cider vinegar can help you in getting rid of all these product build ups.
15. The Vinegar Has Great Antiseptic Property
Apple cider vinegar is rich in antiseptic properties which prevents your scalp from infections and scarring.
Infected skin can get worse when it comes to the contact of dirt and pollutants.
The antiseptic agents of this vinegar treat your infected skin, preventing it from any further damage.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Stimulate Circulation
Apple cider vinegar stimulates blood circulation on your scalp.
Proper blood circulation makes your skin strong and firm.
A firm skin protects itself from all the pollution and dirt which result in stronger hair.
17. Apple Cider Vinegar as a Natural conditioner
Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural hair conditioner.
You can shampoo off your hair and rinse it with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water.
This will leave your hair glowing, shiny and hydrated as well.
18. It Helps in Defining Curls
Who doesn’t want her curls to pop out?
You may use apple cider vinegar to define your curls for a more precise look.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar for Glossy Hair
Apple cider vinegar adds to your hair’s beauty by making it glossy.
Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and add that extra hint of sheen and glow to it.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar is a Good Cleanser
Apple cider vinegar has great cleansing and clarifying agents. 
The use of this vinegar purifies your scalp and removes dirt and pollutants from your hair.
How to Use ACV on Your Hair
You can use apple cider vinegar in many ways. Mostly the ways depending on your needs.
Let’s take a look at some ways that are common and easy.
1. Making a Hairspray with Apple Cider Vinegar
You can use apple cider vinegar by making a spray with it.
- Dilute the vinegar with water more than half of its amount, mix well and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Use this spray all over your hair and scalp. But make sure not to keep it unwashed for too long.
2. Hair Serum Using Apple Cider Vinegar
You can make a hair serum with apple cider vinegar by mixing it with some other oils or herbs.some apple cider vinegar with water and combine the mixture with any other oil preferably olive oil or rosemary.
- Take some apple cider vinegar and mix it with a little water. Combine the mixture with any other oil preferably olive oil or rosemary.
- You can also add a bunch of rosemary or any other herb useful for your hair.
- Use this serum on your scalp massaging it slowly in a circular motion using only the tips of your fingers.
- Spread the mixture all over your hair applying it in layers. Start with the tips of your hair and continue till the ends of it.
- Leave it like this for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing off with water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar as a Conditioner
You can even use apple cider vinegar to make a conditioner for your hair.
- Mix 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup of water. Add few drops of any essential oil of your choice in the mixture.
- Shampoo your hair and apply the mixture to your entire hair.
- Keep it on your hair for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar as a Hair Rinse
Apple cider vinegar as a hair rinsing product can nourish your dry, lifeless hair. The acidic nature of ACV can restore the natural pH balance in scalp and hair. Natural alpha-hydroxy acid in ACV can remove the dead skin cells and treat itchiness, hair loss, and irritation of the scalp.
Diy apple cider vinegar hair rinse:
- Mix the 16 oz of water and 2-4 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in a plastic bottle.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Pour the mixture over your entire scalp and hair. Leave it like this for 2-3 minutes before rinsing off thoroughly.
- Apple cider vinegar can naturally condition your hair and you don’t need to use any traditional conditioner after an ACV hair rinse.
Some Tips For You
- Diluting the vinegar before any application is a must. Apple cider vinegar has a very strong acetic acid content which can cause damage to your skin or hair if applied alone.
- If you feel any disturbing sensation on your scalp after the application, rinse it off immediately. You need to dilute it more in such cases.
- Don’t apply the vinegar after applying any thick oil as this will create a hindrance for the apple cider vinegar to penetrate on your scalp and hair properly.
- Try to use raw and organic apple cider vinegar if available.
- If you are bothered by the smell of it, use an essential oil of strong fragrance to omit the smell or reduce the amount of usage.
- If your scalp ever feels dry after washing it out with apple cider vinegar, apply any hydrating serum of your choice.
- Don’t forget to do a patch test before the main application. For this, you can apply a very little amount of the vinegar on your skin and wait to see if it causes any allergies or reactions to your skin. If nothing happens, you are good to go with applying it.
- Keep your bottle or container of apple cider vinegar at a place which is an out of reach zone for the children.