Eyelashes are crucial for the sake of your eyes’ safety. They protect your eyes from debris while helping you look gorgeous. They define your face, enhance your look, and warn your eyes of potential dangers when something comes close. 
Certain conditions such as eyelash hypotrichosis and alopecia can cause thinning of eyelashes. You may have already tried various products to grow your eyelashes. But those products are expensive and may contain harmful chemicals as well.
If you are looking for some natural and chemical free ways for thick and long eyelashes, aloe vera can be a good choice.
There are various ways to use aloe vera for eyelashes. None of them are scientifically proved but have been used for many years as popular remedies for longer eyelashes.
Read on to learn how you can use aloe vera to lengthen your eyelashes.
Aloe Vera for Eyelashes – What Does The Research Say?
Aloe vera is a famous ingredient in skin and hair care regime. This natural gel comes with numerous therapeutic properties that are beneficial for your skin and hair.
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and nutrients. That’s why this gel is used worldwide to promote the growth of eyelashes and to strengthen the strands.
A study was published in the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. It shows aloenin, a chemical in aloe vera is responsible for promoting hair growth. 
But, this research is not enough to prove the efficiency and safety of aloe vera in eyelash growth.
Aloe vera is a popular choice to treat hair loss due to alopecia. But you need to be a bit cautious while using it on your eyelashes. It’s because the skin around the eyes is more sensitive than the other parts of the body.
Using aloe vera with proper safety measures may help you get thicker and longer eyelashes.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Eyelashes
There are some ways to use aloe vera for thicker eyelashes. You can use it separately or mix them with some other natural ingredients. But, make sure those ingredients suit your skin before applying them on your eyelids.
1. Apply Aloe Vera Gel.
- Take an aloe vera leaf. Peel off the outer layer. Scoop out the gel.
- Massage your eyebrows with the gel until it gets absorbed.
Repeat this procedure every night before sleeping.
2. Mix Aloe Vera with Jojoba Oil.
- Mix equal part of aloe vera gel with jojoba oil and apply some chamomile infusion.
- Use a clean mascara wand to apply this mix to your eyelashes.
Leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash off your eyes with warm water.
3. Mix Aloe Vera with Castor Oil.
- Mix same amount of castor oil with aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mix to your eyelashes using a cotton swab or mascara wand.
- Leave it overnight. Rinse off your eyes with warm water in the morning.
Precautions While Using Aloe Vera for Eyelashes
Aloe vera is usually safe to apply on skin. But certain precautions must be followed when you are applying it to your eyelashes:
- Apply a little amount of aloe vera gel to the less sensitive part of your skin. Wait for a few hours to find out if it suits you or not.
- If you have itching on your eyelid after applying aloe vera gel, wash off immediately and avoid further use.
- Always use a clean mascara wand or cotton swab.
- If you mix other ingredients with aloe vera, make sure they suit your skin.
- Do not use these eyelash enhancer serums if you have any eye disease.
- Consult with a doctor before you use anything on or around your eyes.
Research-Backed Ways to Grow Eyelashes
While natural ingredients like aloe vera are considered safe to grow eyelashes, these methods aren’t scientifically proven. Using these remedies without enough knowledge can also be harmful to your eyes.
In that case, you can rely on Bimatoprost (Latisse) to safely grow your eyelashes. It’s the only proven remedy for longer eyelashes approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The interesting fact is Bimatoprost was originally developed for glaucoma treatment. The eyelash growth came out to be as a side effect of this medication.
In a study published in Clinical Ophthalmology, researchers confirmed Bimatoprost as a safe treatment for eyelash hypotrichosis. 
But this medication also comes with some minor side effects such as dry eyes, itchiness, red eyes, dark eyelids. There can be unwanted hair growth on face around the eyes if you apply the medication inappropriately to eyelids.
How to Take Care of Your Eyelashes?
The health of your eyelashes relies on regular care and proper hygiene. While using products to grow eyelashes, you must also take proper care of your eyes and the area around them.
- Brush your eyelashes regularly using an eyelash brush.
- Gently wash your face and eyes with clean water daily.
- Do not forget to remove your eye makeup before you sleep.
- Choose your eye product wisely. Do not put expired or old makeup on your eyes.
- Try to sleep for eight hours every day.
Long and thick eyelashes are everyone’s desire, especially women. Very few can resist the allure of the eyes when the lashes are long and fuller.
While thinner lashes can be a problem for your beauty, they also hint towards some health conditions.
There are numerous products in the market to grow long eyelashes. But if you want to try something natural, aloe vera can be a safe choice for you.
You can also try the clinically proven remedy for thicker eyelashes. But most importantly, you must take proper care of your eyes.
Follow a healthy diet and proper sleep to keep your eyes healthy. Your eyelashes will be naturally thicker and longer if you keep them healthy.